Friday, January 05, 2007

Welcome 2007


Another year has rolled around - and when I think that it's 2007 I just say to myself - What? How did that happen? I tend to like to think of things in 10 year fragments and in 1997 I was just getting out of college. The way I percieved the world then, and how I see it now has certainly changed. I'm still doing art and my passion hasn't changed. I just hope I can sustain my enthusiasm and fend of the financial demons that keep telling me I should be bringing in more dough, or what are doing being an artist. I mean common, get real job Jason. ugh.

And thee is a fear that all my work into this series I'm completing is waste of time. All I know is that when I'm in the studio working my mind is calm and craves to engage in the creative process. Seeing a white empty canvas has all of sudden become scary. Here's another piece that's an off shoot of the pixelated-fragmentation series I have been working on. Titled Cuzco Blue, the piece composition stemmed from a photo I took in Cuzco, the ancient Inca capital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home