Thursday, August 24, 2006

Trailer trash and body double

Ever google your name to find your double? Isn't that some theory in life that we have someone somewhere in this world that mirrors us? I haven't met this person but if you go www.jasonwitte.net you'll find a musician/songwriter - similiar to visual artist like myself in many ways.







The picture above is from the trailer court I grew up. Many times I walked by this area, so looking at this photo brings back memories. But actually working on some preliminary charcoal drawings are even recalling stronger recollections. Already I feel a strong energy around this image so hopefully it will come out successfully as a painting. I never thought of myself as trailer trash growing up - however when driving through this area as an adult I can see how these stereotypes are formed. Junked out cars, loud arguments between spouses, tank tops and tattoos, along with running kids in the streets aren't uncommon. What is interesting about this photo is the repetition of rectangular shapes and surfaces that shift back and forth and lean off a kilter in subtle ways. The repetition of line created by the siding in trailer home are present which I will likely emphasize in the finished painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home