Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back to the Basics


I haven't been painting on large canvasses lately. This past week I've decided I need to work on drawing skills particularly charcoal drawings. I've been working with an artist Materese from an online forum. I'll execute few drawings, scan them, and feedback given back to me via email. It's been an interesting progression so far, because she is not actually looking directly at my work in person. The feedback given has been helpful and allowed me to follow further study. Basically I want to gain a more confidence in my drawing skills, which utlimately should translate into better paintings.


So, I've been drawing fruit all week. My best drawing so far as pointed out by Materese is this pearI drew yesterday. The funny thing is this took less than 15 minutes to complete. I have to constantly remind myself to approach my work is relaxed way. Otherwise, I tend to spend too much time and fuss around with the details.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home