Thursday, March 16, 2006

Baltimore it is!!!

I guess its time to say goodbye to Seattle. Helen matched with her first choice at U of Maryland medical residency for the next 4 years. It is an exciting change, yet I can't help but leave a part of me in Seattle. Years ago I arrived at 26 with my suitcase and a few dreams. I leave Seattle finding a wife, showing my work and establishing contacts with a few collectors, and creating friendships that will endure. Thanks to my college buddy Manik, who originally encouraged me to leave the then confines of Iowa on '99 and establish camp here in Seattle. I certainly wouldn't have moved out here if it wasn't for him.


So my niece, Anna, a fourth grader recently won a drawing contest in which you had to make an advertisement for one of the local businesses in the small town of Riverside, Iowa. Her drawing of the pizza cowboy for the business the Pizza Ranch won grand prize. When I looked at the other entries, Anna's drawing by far stood out as the the most original. Totes to Anna - 50$ in her pocket as well. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home