Saturday, March 11, 2006

Study for painting Refelctive Contemplation

So I picked up a flat bed scanner from Best Buy (Epson 3590) today and here is small study for the finished painting 'Reflective Contemplation".

Normally I hate Best Buy and use the store just to look around - but I had some coupons to use so I saved some money on the scanner purchase. And my Cyberscan X slide scanner is not working. :(

The thumbnail studies of my paintings are fun to look at for me. The marks feel loose, fresh and spontaneous. This is hard to maintain one you transition to the final painting because you have more mental hurdles like the fear of making a mistake that can kill a painting.

Look for more of my thumbnai studies and ideas from sketchbook in this blog. On another note Helens ER rotation is done. She starts a dermatology rotation Monday and is back to more regular hours - thank goodness because her schedule inevitably affects the significant other. Thursday we find out where Helen does here medical residency for the next four years....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home