Monday, October 01, 2007

Show at The Metro

I hung my work yesterday and a trendy wine and coffeehouse yesterday. When I got to there, no parking could be found due to a local event in neighborhood. So I struggled to find a spot by driving around the neighborhood settling on a corner spot on a street that I wasn't was legal but didn't end up with parking ticket fortunately.
I took 16 pieces with me, more than enough for the wall space. I didn't remember the wall space being that small. Sometimes it's important to get the measurements of the wall space - note to self.

In environment section of Newsweek, I read an article about a social movement written by Raina Kelley. You may think that only the homeless, and desperate drug users raid the alleyway garbage cans. There is a new term called Freegan, derived from Free and Vegan. A Freegan is a person who has decided to boycott capitalistic society by severely curtailing consumption of resources through reusing, recycling and dumpster diving. Freegans try not to purchase anything, and favor a system of bartering with the items they may find in an urban jungle. I don't think this lifestyle works in small midwestern towns. :)
My show is at:
Metropolitan Coffee House and Wine Bar - Sept 30 to Oct -29
902 A. Charles St Baltimore, Maryland www.metrobalt.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home