Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wondering....


It'seen a little over a week since my painting "Watermelon Door" has been missing. In your mind you attempt to rationalize the incident. Questions and what if's arise. My instinct told me it was not in ideal location, and what if I hung the piece in a difeerent location of the cafe. If the person wanted the piece that bad, why couldn't the party talk to me and we could make payment arrangements. Is the purpose of the thief is to simply hang the painting in their space and how can they feel good about enjoying the work. I don't know.


This piece is working with the idea of combining landscape with still life, Japanese container and sake cup. I wanted to include Mt. Fuji in the upper left but thought the idae was a little trite.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home