Monday, May 28, 2007

A bit freaked and torn


On Monday I received a call from a local Philly/Baltimore artist Rick Santiago referred to as the "unartist", and he asked me if I knew the whereabouts or if I had sold my painting "Watermelon Door" hanging along with his work at Xando cafe 3003 North Charles in Baltimore.

"I didn't", was my reply. The managers and Rick had seen the painting on Saturday at closing, and believe it was taken on Sunday.

I've never encounted problems of theft in my experiences of hanging at coffee shops. I don't want to believe its gone, and it tears me up to know it is missing. I doubt if I will hang in cafe again. Even though the commission allows an artist to reduce the price of the piece, the risk of damage and inadequate security is too great.

The piece had the highest retail price in the show, was and hanging next to the exit door in a lower level that wasn't monitored directly by an employee.

Maybe the person who took my work is reading this blog. For the sake of goodwill, I would like my piece returned. No questions asked. I'm not a wealthy nor famous artist, just someone who wanted to allow his work to be shown in avenue that others might look at it with admiration.

I have a reward for anyone who might have information leading to the return of the painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home