Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Plein Air painting


I've been finding the challenge of painting outdoors exhilarating. The challenge of getting to a spot, visualizing the scene, and painting within nature is addicting. And it brings a change from my studio routine.


When I was painting this scene by a nearby school a group of summer school kids spotted me. It wasn't long before I heard sounds of "Hey Mr Witte!!" I substitute teach at this school on occasion and I have become fairly known in the neighborhood by all the elementary children. Soon I had group gathered around me. It reminded of my college days of being an airbrush artist amusement park back in Iowa . You had some pressure and a lot of curious onlookers.


The painting needs some tweaks, but not to bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home