Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thoughts on Snow camp

I arrived Friday night exhausted from my 8 hour drive from Baltimore. We all met that evening, five of us painters speaking. In the morning we had breakfast and talked about art around the round table.  We then headed outside, all in our snow gear to watch a demo by Stape.  The boots (Cabellas)Stape recommended were wonderful in keeping my feet warm.  As the morning progressed the cold did get to my legs and I felt I needed another layer of jogging pants, something that would shield from the cold.  So in all I had thermals. gray REI cargo pants, jogging pants and overalls.  This kept me warm. The factor I continue to battle is keeping my fingers warm and at times when I'm caught up painting a passage my fingers become heavy and numb.  Then I know to stop and take a break.


Most of camp I've been sick, and I'm having to consume various elixirs of cold medications and tonight I feel a bit more decent but not 100%.   Stape throughout snowcamp hammers away on art history which all artists need to know.    The landscape artists Aldro Hibbard and Edward Seago are just a few.

Here's Stape at work:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home