Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snow Camp 2013

I've started packing for Stapleton Kearns snow workshop in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire.  My wife was warning me about the weather. Yes its going to be cold.  Yes its going to snow.  It's about an 8 hour drive from Baltimore so I might start out Thursday night to get a head start if the weather becomes an issue. I will be missing my two kids over the time I'm gone so I would rather not leave earlier.

In John Carlson's lansdscape painting book he states you don't need to go far or some exotic place to find painting subjects.  Well I am driving quite a ways that is exotic but not in the warm sense.

One artist, landscape Aldro Hibbard keeps appearing in Stape's blog.   Once you see his work you'll see why. Here's a  link to some of his work:

http://www.clarkegalleries.com/hibbard/

Besides packing I've been working on little studies like this one:





quick value copies with Tombow markers of varying grays shades plus a blender.  Love that little blender.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home