Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday September 19

IPOD - Well, I took the plunge and purchased one of these critters. Let me say I love it! My commutes and bus rides are so much enjoyable listening to music both Helen and I have on may computer. Although many of her salsa songs have found their way on my Ipod, I'm starting to like a few of them.

Approval Ratings:
Funny, although polling is never entirely accurate all the polls reflected below: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls.html
indicate the President in hot water with the American public. I guess he finally claimed responsibility for the government's inability to or lack of response to the hurricane crisis.

I've been reading Max Beckmann "Self Portrait in his own Words", and a finish this blog post with the following phrase that struck me: (pg 128)

"What we mean by mysticism in art is not the artist's interposed intention of evoking mysterious, ancient folk cults, with an affectionation of human sympathy: on the contrary, the mystical feeling originates in the viewer who admires, in a work of art, the greatness of the artist's feeling for nature."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home