Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Thoughts

The New Orleans tradegy was like watching a horror movie unfold - and at times seeing these images on TV you don't want to believe it's real. And you have to really wonder where the country's priorities are, and the governments ability to respond quickly to a crisis.

I mean really, did they not place anyone near or on the ground to assess the situation - and why did it get to the point watching the mayor and local officials plead for help. As an American I'm ashamed. Oh well the finger pointing and blame game will play out and I hope the changes that need to take place occur because rignt now my confidence in my government is about null.

Sign the petition ot fire Micheal Brown

And what about Mrs. Bush comments (full article)

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home